Pelvic Pain Overview
Pelvic pain in women can take on many different forms, where it can be anywhere from mild to moderate. Since the pain is felt in the lowest part of the abdomen and pelvis, it is normally caused by the urinary or reproductive systems. In some cases, it can stem from the digestive system and musculoskeletal sources. Some women may even feel the pain reaching their lower back, buttocks, or thighs. With some women, pelvic pain is felt only at certain times or during certain activities such as urination and sexual intercourse.
When a patient feels any type of pelvic pain, it’s important to see an experienced physician like Dr. Basinski or Dr. Juran. These doctors are trained in finding the root cause of the pain and treating the symptoms to get a patient back on the road to wellness.
Causes of Pelvic Pain
Pelvic pain can be caused by any number of diseases and conditions and can often be caused by a combination of issues. In women, the pain can be caused by problems with the reproductive system such as:
- Endometriosis – a condition where tissue that would normally grow and line the inside of the uterus grows outside of the uterus
- Menstrual cramps
- Ovarian cysts
- Ovarian cancer
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Uterine fibroids
- Ectopic pregnancy – a condition where the fertilized egg is implanted in another place instead of the uterus
Pelvic pain is also caused by:
- Urinary tract infections
- Chronic constipation
- Kidney stones
- Colon cancer
- Painful bladder syndrome
There are various treatment options available to women who suffer from pelvic pain. These can include:
- Medicines like birth control pills that work to stop or control the ovulation cycle if your hormonal cycle makes your pain worse.
- Antibiotics to treat infections like urinary tract infections or irritable bowel syndrome.
- Surgery to remove cysts, tumors, or other growths that are causing pelvic pain.
- MonaLisa Touch laser therapy that can help with things like painful intercourse, irritation, and frequent urinary tract infections.
No More Pain
Pelvic pain can be a frequent nuisance in a woman’s life, where it can affect her daily activities and overall quality of life and it shouldn’t have to be tolerated any longer. Dr. Basinski and Dr. Juran are available to find out the root cause of your pain and treat you to make the pain go away. They have a plethora of options available to get you better and keep you better. Please call our office today to schedule an appointment to meet with one of our doctors.